Recommended camera for videos?

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

ShoeplayJ

Recommended camera for videos?

Post by ShoeplayJ »

So at some point, The Misses and I would like to go shopping around a for a real video camera. So far, we've taken a bunch of videos on my phone, which, when the lighting is right, does the job. The video quality from my phone (an Android), is decent, but obviously, we'd like to get something a bit more professional. However, I'd like to get us something more advanced, and that takes better quality videos. Something kind of small that can fit into a bag, and discretely film. Whenever we go out, we always like to try shoot a few scenes of her doing something, but we need something that I can just set near her and forget about, so to speak. Any suggestions? :S

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I'm a little unprepared about videocameras.... whenever i want to shoot a video, now i use my Samsung Galaxy S2. Doesn't have an optical zoom...so i'm sure you are looking for something better...and i'd be more than interested to hear others suggestions!
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Yeah, I currently use an LG Connect. The photo and video quality is good, when there is adequate lighting. All of the pictures and videos that I've shot thus far have been with my phone. It just becomes a pain in the you know where, when I wanna grab a candid scene of my girl, while we're out and about, since I can't just set it down and film and forget it for a bit. Once we get our car fixed, we also wanted to film some driving/pedal pumping scenes, but this would be difficult with a phone, with the motion of the vehicle.

I've been shopping around and these caught my eye, but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

GoPro - HERO3 HD Camcorder

JVC GZ HM40 FULL HD 1080p 2.7 LCD
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I don't know any of them, but looking at the price...be sure to read many reviews before buying. A while ago i bought a full hd camera around that price (SAMSUNG HMX-Q10N)....to make a long story short, if i take a video with my samsung galaxy S2 the quality will be WAY higher.

Different story about the videocamera we use to shoot videos with our models at PiediWeb, it's a Canon Legria HF200 and the quality of videos there is way better than those with a phone. Price is about 400 Euros now, was 700 when we bought it.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Ooh! I just watched some sample videos made with that! I love the quality on it!
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Yes, i've read in some places that it's considered to be the "entry level" from pro videocameras... you'll be happy with it, especially considering its price :)
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Absolutely. I think we will save up, and give that one a go! Any recommended places to order it from? I wonder if it is available in the U.S.