External hard drive failed

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeture Feature

External hard drive failed

Post by Feeture Feature »

Christmas grinch visited me. Day after Christmas my computer failed to recognize my external hard drive (Western Digital). Code for error indicates drive will not start. I had been saving all my clips from DVDs and downloads from Internet to the hard drive to save space on main hard drive. And for easy portability to another computer. Good idea but not good in practice. Tried a few things but have not gotten to another computer yet to see if drive would work there. My hunch is that drive is fried. And unless I find some method for recovering the files, my collection is gone except for the stuff I have on VHS. And I do have the DVDs I purchased but none of the hundreds I rented from Netflix! Probably 100 or 200 clips from Internet have been lost as well. Oh, well, I never would have had time to screen all the clips again anyway. And I did see them at least once. Still have thousands of clips.

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

There is still hope Feeture. Perhaps the drive will work on another computer. I can't belive it cannot be repaired, really! Let's hope! :imsad:
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
legloverjj

Post by legloverjj »

:imsad: :imsad: :imsad: :imsad: :imsad:
Good Luck!! I hope that you get it to work!!!