Times Have Changed for the Worst for Us

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

footstrangle

Times Have Changed for the Worst for Us

Post by footstrangle »

This Saturday I was excited because I was going to the shopping mall! I could not wait to enter the women clothing stores, jewelry stores, and the perfume department of Macy's, only to receive the worst disappointment. As I passed the perfume department of Macy's and took a peek behind the counters I saw all women in running shoes. No heels to shoeplay. Same thing on all women stores. No women wearing heel pumps or flat pumps. Running shoes everywhere. Ergo - no shoeplay. I remember not long ago, going to the shopping mall was synonymous of automatic shoeplay. Specifically in the perfume departments. Times have changed indeed for the bad.

Mr. Mike

Re: Times Have Changed for the Worst for Us

Post by Mr. Mike »

You know I tried to explain this some other “ass-clown” on here and he didn’t believe me. Maybe at high end mall in NYC or Chicago you still might see some, but for the most part…malls are dead. So many Sketchers type skip on comfy shoes from all parts of the stores. I think when COVID hit, it got even more casual and it hasn’t recovered. I still on “occasion” at nice jewelry store see a heel or 2…but even higher end like a Nordstrom it’s become ultra casual
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

And it's not going to get any better. At this point I just watch YouTube plenty of channel hosts obsessed with wearing hosiery and nice shoes
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Same thing when I went inside one of my banks last year. Company t-shirts, jeans and sneakers — which I find to be a bore fest. I understand the need for comfort but come on! I haven't been much into sneakers and socks since highschool (especially once the thinner socks of the 90s fell out of style).

Easier said than done, but all I can say is don't lose hope, fellas. Some things have to get worse before they can improve, and all things hit a wall at some point. COVID came in and really messed up the workforce, and while it started the conversation of some much needed changes, it also brought along a lot of b.s. as well.

As always, just a thought.

Edited because I don't feel like going back and fourth on certain points.
HeroOfKvatch

Post by HeroOfKvatch »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 am I'm confident that the ever trending "fuck men and their preferences" attitude probably definitely plays a role in women dressing down more and more
I do not see this as a negative. Women should not be beholden to our wants. If they wish to be, that is their own choice. This is why I near exclusively make and view fictional works nowadays. I saw the dying fashion trends that I loved and thus I adapted rather than forcing my ideals onto others.

And on your other point, why would companies revert these changes in the future? In the future, the people who experienced those changes will go into power. They have no reason at this point to revert back.

And yes, referring to the past is a good argument. I bet you’d say the same thing if your boss made you dress up in a suit of armour. You’d say ‘it’s not 1250 anymore.’ And I bet you’d be miffed if they said ‘armour padding has become so much more comfortable these days’

You need to adapt and realise that sort of clothing’s golden age is over. I know, I’m dissapointed too. But when you see your well is empty, you don’t sit there and complain then die of dehydration. You go somewhere else for water.
All My Stories
Email catrotcake@gmail.com if interested in commissioning me.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

HeroOfKvatch wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:05 am
ShoeplayJ wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 am I'm confident that the ever trending "fuck men and their preferences" attitude probably definitely plays a role in women dressing down more and more

I do not see this as a negative. Women should not be beholden to our wants. If they wish to be, that is their own choice. This is why I near exclusively make and view fictional works nowadays. I saw the dying fashion trends that I loved and thus I adapted rather than forcing my ideals onto others.

And on your other point, why would companies revert these changes in the future? In the future, the people who experienced those changes will go into power. They have no reason at this point to revert back.

And yes, referring to the past is a good argument. I bet you’d say the same thing if your boss made you dress up in a suit of armour. You’d say ‘it’s not 1250 anymore.’ And I bet you’d be miffed if they said ‘armour padding has become so much more comfortable these days’

You need to adapt and realise that sort of clothing’s golden age is over. I know, I’m dissapointed too. But when you see your well is empty, you don’t sit there and complain then die of dehydration. You go somewhere else for water.

Fair points but I think you may have read more bitterness or disdain or...whatever from my post than what I even felt when I wrote it. I'll blame the iffy wording and rushed nature of the post on my part for that.

Once again I don't have much time so I'll make this quick and see if I can make sense.

Of course  they're free to dress as they please. I and many others have strong opinions about these things, but I don't think anyone believes anything is owed to us in that regard. The thing is, this topic of the changes in fashion trends is a very common one around here (we have this discussion at least once a month it seems) and I'm merely sharing an observation of what I believe to be one reason for those changes. No one (least of all me) is 'forcing' any ideals onto anyone. I speak in a blunt tone about these subjects, but try not to take me too seriously — I don't feel as strongly about a lot of this stuff as it may appear. I just say what I have to say and move on since I don't usually have much time for discussion and debate around here like I used to.

Also, I don't even really have a dog in this fight. I rarely shoot candids (if I'm out and happen to see something good, I seize the opportunity to film it if I can; I haven't gone looking for anything in over a decade), and I never go into any establishments with any expectations or even hopes of to seeing the ladies dressed a certain way— if they are then they are. Hell I didn't grow up in the "golden era" of these styles (I'm not even 35 yet), so as far as adapting with the times...I've been with the times, sir. Just never really cared for what I saw. These "changes" the older members speak of, have been pretty much all I've known most of my teenage and adult life, obviously with some exceptions thrown in from time to time. By the time I was in highschool, the preferred attire that we desire was only being worn by ladies 10-20+ years older than me anyway (which worked out since I was already attracted to older women). The videos I shoot with my wife (and what I find online) allow me to get my fix, just as you get yours through your fiction and writing. All I'm getting at is that it'd be nice to see it elsewhere from time to time too. I don't care enough to push for things to change back and I don't speak from the point of view of some old timer yearning for the "good ol' days"; more from the point of view of someone who occasionally feels I came up in the wrong era (for far more reasons than just this topic mind you), because I barely got to see and experience this look I really like in realtime (but again, not something I feel awfully strongly about). That's life, I know.

Also I don't mean to miss the forest for the trees and I see the point you were making with the suit of armor, but I think you could've given a better example than that. As cool as they are, I imagine many would be put off at the suggestion of something as extreme as medieval battle suits that aren't even used in an everyday work situation... or none that I've ever heard of (or maybe it's more common than I realize. Nothing surprises me anymore)— this is about basic business attire that more or less has transcended time periods, with a few changes here and there. Suit and tie, skirt and flats etc etc.

As to why businesses would revert back to more dressy attire, I can't really answer that. Maybe they won't. Who knows? My view on that is based on how cyclical trends can be. In the music industry we thought we were done with analog recording once digital came along, but I've been in many studios which still have good ol' fashioned tape decks in service. We thought vinyl and cassettes were done for too, until those started making a comeback. Is it the mainstream standard format? No, but enough people requested it to where it came back. Which was my point — everything that seems to be 'disappearing' may not stay gone for long, sometimes it's just a waiting game.

But I'll say again again, I have no real dog in this fight. Internet videos and shooting videos and photos with my wife has negated the need for me to be too bummed about the overall changes in fashion. My objective was to offer a silver-lining, so to speak, to those who don't have those alternative avenues like you and I.

Edited for grammar and stuff.
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

I disagree to an extent. Things do “go back”…style and fashion are cyclical…that’s why they are called “trends”. At some point, hopefully soon, women will want to dress and look like women again and run around in Sketchers and Lululemon pants. It just takes one designer to start something
footstrangle

Post by footstrangle »

Well, today I was in court in person in a county that is starting to hold in person court. At least lady attorneys are still wearing high heel pumps and professional attire. Haven't got to see shoeplay yet, though.
pumplover

Post by pumplover »

I think the expectation for shoeplay in a certain environment has definitely become more narrow-focused. I started observing shoeplay in the 80s. If shoeplay was the only criteria, I would have asked to be born 20 years earlier so I could enjoy the 60s and 70s. Regardless, Mr. Mike is right, fashions are cyclical...to a point. It was nice to see that as Duchess Catherine Middleton came into her own publicly, she more often than not wears pantyhose and heels. Her fashion choices change the world literally. But I have come to accept the fact that more formal dress here in America is not the norm anymore. Growing up, I could expect to see hosed feet in heels with the potential for shoeplay whether I was at school or church or going into a bank or other businesses. When I first started working after college, the dress code required hose and at least a low flat. Dipping everywhere. After I left there I went back a few years later and all the women were wearing polos and skirts with bare legs, and rarely heels. At least our friends in Asia (Korea, Japan, China) and Russia/Slavic Europe seem to still don't mind it and actually encourage the wearing of hose and heels in business settings...still it is of course dependent on the sector of the job market.

I'm hoping that that there will be one woman with influence will make that change back towards hose and heels. It does only take one.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

At this point only way we gonna see women dress up like they did in the past is bribe them with money or just giving them free samples of attire they need.

There's gotta be a super rich people who would give out money if they see women in hose and dippable shoes. That would turn things around
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Another problem in America is inflation and some women just don't want to spend the money on dippable shoes and hosiery. Besides they are more likely to be damaged anyway
footsie5

Post by footsie5 »

it's a culture issue. heels and pantyhose are usually worn by more classy women who think they look more attractive than wearing flats or heels in barefeet. That will not change in the US where women thinks they look more attractive in barefeet!
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

I’m glad that my circle of friends (range from 39-54)…we all still dress up when we go out. Winter the girls are always in tights/nylons but lots of boots (Denver)…but in the Summer it’s a lot if heels (even though no nylons I can live with that because it’s better than sandals or flip flops). I really don’t think it’s a money thing; they had those shoes before it’s just America was getting more and more casual, the COVID hit. Things like LuLulemen and Sketchers took over. There is still a segment of population that dresses, lawyers, bankers…big business. Again, it’s cyclical, it will come back.
footstrangle

Post by footstrangle »

As a lawyer I still see the heels and hose, and shoeplay. But since COVID hit most of hearings have been by Zoom. I sure hope in person resumes soon.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

pumplover wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:15 am But I have come to accept the fact that more formal dress here in America is not the norm anymore.
Yeah man, I honestly gave up on the U.S. a long time ago. I can't remember when exactly I noticed the decline in things like nylons and even heels, but there definitely came a time when I realized that my best shoeplay experiences with either of those items were on the internet, especially in the earlier days of YouTube or even DailyMotion— though personally whether we're talking with nylons or bare, I find flats/mocs/loafers etc. are just as attractive as heels and I'd say they have just as much shoeplay potential; I'd rather NOT have women mess their feet up by consistently wearing things like pumps.

I was born and spent most of my life in the Midwest and I remember even 13 years ago being quite surprised at the number of women at my office job who were STILL dressed in hose and the like — it seemed unusual then and seems damn near unthinkable now. To be fair, it still wasn't uncommon to see such things creep back into fashion around Fall going into Winter (for nylon leg/foot lovers, that was once a 'perk' with the shitty cold weather that my state historically tends to get), but It still was something that just seemed to be fading out of style here, but again, by then I'd personally pretty much grown accustomed to getting my nylon fix online especially once I started making more money (European C4S vendors or even fallen places like Danging.com/LegsAndHeels were a Godsend etc.), so much so that the lack of seeing it in real life didn't really phase me much, especially being that I was more introverted in my late teens/early 20's LOL — and it's not like I'd met my wife yet at the time, a woman who went from "I hate hosiey!" to "ya know, nylons don't feel too bad in the Fall". That there more than fills the void for what a guy could even find online after a certain period. Sorry to ramble...
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

Just to illustrate the cycle fashion is in, my wife and I went shopping yesterday. Most of our time was at an outlet mall. The first thing you notice are the stores that are no longer there. One of my go-tos for business-casual fashion (slacks, polo shirts and buttoned shirts) is gone. One of my more casual favorites is gone. Both are going what seem to be rebranding efforts. Her favorites are still there, but the selection is a little more sparse or drab than what it was, though technically we're between seasons.

Then we made a run to a major department store with a focus on apparel. I've noticed the changes in the men's department already. Certain casual staples that are no longer there, certain brands they don't stock. An entire display of dress shirts that's been replaced by pajamas, and suiting and accessories reduced to a couple racks.

My wife was there for socks, so we went to the hosiery section...and it was gone, replaced by bras. We finally found what seems to pass for the hosiery selection now. A couple small racks of cute patterned socks, and one longer rack with athletic socks on one side, casual-to-dress socks on the other. At the end of the rack, three pairs of opaque tights. Plenty of leggings, though. Maybe we had our wires crossed and didn't check the right section of the store, especially where they've been moving things...but it hadn't been that long since we shopped there.

I like to think things will come around. There's always an appeal to class. It's just a matter of when and how the pendulum swings back.
pumplover

Post by pumplover »

Mr. Mike wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:52 pm I’m glad that my circle of friends (range from 39-54)…we all still dress up when we go out. Winter the girls are always in tights/nylons but lots of boots (Denver)…but in the Summer it’s a lot if heels (even though no nylons I can live with that because it’s better than sandals or flip flops).
I need a group of friends like that. LOL
monkeyt

Post by monkeyt »

same thing in asia
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

This change in culture began over a decade ago.

It used to be that business attire was required at work on a daily basis. There was a certain formality within the workplace in terms of attire. Not anymore.

As an example... for men, chinos were relegated to casual Fridays. The rest of the week, more formal attire was needed. Now we’re to the point where chinos are considered appropriate for everyday wear. The exact same thing has happened for women. Comfort and ergonomics are now deemed more important.

Hell, at one time, flip flops were only worn by women around the house or at the pool. Now you see them everywhere... including the office.

If we continue with this trajectory, people will be wearing sweat pants to work. It’s a shame.
Slacksnsocks

Post by Slacksnsocks »

paradigm88 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:51 pm
I like to think things will come around. There's always an appeal to class. It's just a matter of when and how the pendulum swings back.
I hope you are right!