[ENG] A Scary Story for Halloween

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

[ENG] A Scary Story for Halloween

Post by Dead Parrot »

This has been around the internet for a while, so I hope it's new to you.

Make sure you wait unti it's dark, set aside about an hour of time so you can read the whole thing in one sitting, turn off all the lights and experience...Ted the Caver.

http://www.holyshiite.com/caver/

:D

DP

Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Wow DP, that story had me completely riveted from start to finish. I was sad to see there wasn't a last page, a page 11 to see what happened when he Joe and B returned. Oh well. Any idea what happened? Thoughts? Ideas? Thats some truly scary stuff. Good find. :)
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Hi Zeos!

I'm glad someone read the story and responded! Yes, it is quite the "page turner" even if it is in electronic format.

The lack of a page 11 is simply the final and most powerful blow for this great story: the implication being that the men went back into the cave...but never came out again.

As for the author, I applaud him. The story just reeks of the influence of the master of supernatural horror himself, H.P. Lovecraft, and to a slightly lesser extent Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle.

You never see or know what is in the cave or stalking the men. As a reader you share the fear of the unknown that the men experience throughout the story. Only crumbs of terror mark the path into the cave, but as you know it's enough to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

I really wish the author would go public. I'd love to know if he's published any more work.

Glad you enjoyed this find.

DP