[ENG] Johnny Carson 1925 - 2005

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

[ENG] Johnny Carson 1925 - 2005

Post by Dead Parrot »

This is so sad and I was shocked when I read the headline. :(

Former long time host of "The Tonight Show", Johnny Carson died at his home this morning from emphysema. His family was with him at the time and they say it was peaceful death.

I knew he was almost 80 but still, he was an invincible show business legend. Much like Jimmy Stewart, he was a man you never imagined would leave us.

His presence on the TV was virturally unassailable from 1962 to his final broadcast in 1992. That's thirty years! 4,531 episodes!! Who lasts that long on TV now? Who's that popular and that entertaining now? Only Letterman comes close.

There's a lot of memories: Carnac and the "Sist, Boom, Baa" joke, the many guest appearances of Don Rickles (another VERY funny man!), Jim Fowler and Joan Embry's animal guests, and of course the staple of the nightly opening monologue.

Although Johnny's been retired and out of the spotlight since 1992 his presence still looms large in comedy and late night TV circles.

It's gonna take a while for this one to sink in.

Thank you Johnny for all the laughter. You'll be missed.

DP

Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
kingdom

Post by kingdom »

IT is weird, but I haven''t seen him a lot on TV, but yet he creates such a big impact on the audience. Yes he is phenomonal for all the episodes he starred in. No one can come close to him..not even Leno nor Letterman.
ILF
Mod
Mod

Post by ILF »

Without a doubt...THE GREATEST. May God rest his soul. :imsad: