Beer

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Beer

Post by Dead Parrot »

I saw this article and started thinking about the subject.
High-Brow Beer Costs $100 Per Bottle

POSTED: 7:15 am CDT August 19, 2005

NEW YORK -- A hundred bucks might seem cheap for a bit of utopia.
But in this case, Utopia is a beer brewed by the Samuel Adams company. It sells for $100 a bottle.
Earlier this week, beer lovers got a chance to sample the high-brow brew at the Hop Devil Grill in New York City. Shot-sized servings were included as part of a $40-a-head beer lover's four-course dinner.
This is a brew to sip not swill. Some of the patrons say Utopia is closer to cognac or whiskey than to beer. The bar bought four bottles of the pricey, 50-proof brew.
My heavy drinking days are over, but I still appreciate a good beer or a glass of wine a couple of times a week. At my income level a Benjamin for a bottle of beer is just insane.

Beer is meant to be enjoyed in quantity, and if you're going to pay more for a better brew then do so. But this much money? You might as well buy a bottle of wine.

My personal favorite beer is Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel. A German beer of course. :love: It's a dark beer and I enjoy a half-litre glass at the local German place twice a week with my dinner. It's one of the few Bavarian brands available here in the U.S., so if you can find it I highly recommend it. Another good choice is Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen.

I don't really use much in the way of domestic brands, but if I have to I drink Icehouse.

Many years ago I tried a couple of brands of Japanese beers. They were pretty good, but I do not remember the names.

Any recommendations on anything I'm missing? Micro stuff or other treasures from Europe or Asia?

Thanks,

DP

yousry

Post by yousry »

hi dead parrot , good is that heavy drinking days are over , as for me i'm still in it , love to drink gin frequently may be because it hasn't the ordinary smell & taste of strong drinks....but drink a lot..i agree with you Japanese beer is nice i tried it once in Japanese restaurant near brunswick N.J. , now i'm present in egypt they have a very good one called Stella hope y can try it one day , :love:
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

That better be some good MotherF---ing beer! :)