Wow...

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Wow...

Post by Dead Parrot »

...it seems like ages ago when I first found the Yahoo! Club (I believe they still had clubs in 2000/2001) that Nyllover started. It was the only thing out there besides another small page of mainly text info on movies.

I was happy to find something that catered to my obsession, and even moreso that it was an interactive environment where I could upload pictures, stories and comments.

And now, years later, this community still exists, with regular updates of fetish material that you can't find anywhere else.

Although I am amazed that there are others out there who share my interest, I am even more awed by the technology that makes all of this possible.

When I was a kid I remember being invited to a Radio Shack demo for the TRS-80 computer. This would have been around 1980, and I was a bit more of a wirehead than I am now.

Anyway they had a few dozen computers set up in a hotel conference room and they had us playing around with BASIC to run some simple programs. I remember lots of "Oooohs" and "Aaaahs" as we watched BASIC perform for us. Simple stuff, cheesy in retrospect, but so was the first Model T when compared to a McLaren F1.

It was truly a paradigm shift, but I had no clue then just how much potential there was in that little 4k, then 16k machine. Out of that primitive personal machine, along with the Commodore, Atari and Texas Instruments, we now have the hardware, the software and the network to do things that are mind boggling.

We can share information nearly instantaneously across the globe.

People who have never met before can connect and share interests.

And of course, we can join sites to have live audio/video chat with a girl wearing nothing but a pair of pantyhose. :love:

Know what? It's only going to get better as systems get smaller, faster and more affordable.

It's also gratifying that sexual fetishes are not looked upon as "perverted" as much anymore. There's still a ways to go, and the danger from various groups is constant, but the attitudes are far more accepting than they were when I was young.

:mrgreen:
I've had a great time on this board, and I'm looking forward to putting at least another 1000 posts here.
:mrgreen:

DP

Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Re: Wow...

Post by nyllover »

Ehy...that's a GREAT 1000 post DP! :hug:
Dead Parrot wrote:When I was a kid I remember being invited to a Radio Shack demo for the TRS-80 computer. This would have been around 1980, and I was a bit more of a wirehead than I am now.
Well...i'm not THAT old :lol: but i do remember the 80s, when i first saw on a comic book (Walt Disney :wink:) the advert for the very first console, where you could play videogames with friends....two white lines moving up and down on the screen and a little white box acting as a ball...i was amazed.... by the way.... was this one the computer you went to see? :)

and now....
We can share information nearly instantaneously across the globe.
Yes, and it's amazing WHAT we can share. Have you ever seen the fantastic site Wikipedia? A full enciclopedia built by shared informations. Impossible to even imagine a few years ago!
People who have never met before can connect and share interests.
Oh...SO true.... i would have never met my girl :love: without the internet :love: :love: :love:
And of course, we can join sites to have live audio/video chat with a girl wearing nothing but a pair of pantyhose. :love:
Speaking about Camcontacts? :lol: yeah...i've spent hours there... just amazing and addicting :lol: :lol: :lol: Beautiful girls wearing what you want and doing what you want... awwwww :lol:

So yes DP, i think you are totally right. I don't know what will happen in the next years, but if the steps of technology are so big as the latest 10 years....wow...just can't imagine what it will be like!!!

Again... happy 1000s post! :hug:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Ahh yes, I believe you are referring to the game "Pong". One of the very few Atari games to use the paddles instead of the joystick.

And yes, that's the "Trash-80"! :mrgreen: Clunky, slow and not good for much, but it was a first baby step towards what we have now.

I use Wikipedia almost every time I log on to the net. It is invaluable.

I've never been to Camcontacts, I was a member of some other site years ago and did a chat like that.

Over the next ten years I'm looking forward to better encryption, better wireless, more capable PDAs, subvocal voice recognition software, and interchangable memory chips the size of a postage stamp.

DP

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Dead Parrot wrote: Over the next ten years I'm looking forward to better encryption, better wireless, more capable PDAs, subvocal voice recognition software, and interchangable memory chips the size of a postage stamp.
Can i add a Star Trek teletransport available to everyone? :mrgreen:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Yes, a transporter would be great, but I'm betting that replicators will be out first.

Same basic theory only non-living material is created. You just go over to a microwave oven sized device in your wall and ask for an object such as a shirt, a pair of hiking boots or a thermos and the replicator creates it by rearranging molocules to fit the formula and shape of your request.

The memory and energy reqirements are going to be the major hurdle, but somewhere out there, somebody's working on it. And someday they'll succeed.

DP