Serenity, This Friday...

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Serenity, This Friday...

Post by Dead Parrot »

...and I am drooling in anticipation of this movie!

(here's the German movie poster)

Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

Looks Good, maybe there will be a footsie scene! :please:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Saw it last night. Going to see it again next week. :lol:

Wow! I haven't seen all the episodes of Firefly yet but I know enough of the backstory to follow the action.

A few things are cleared up in this movie: the origin of The Reavers, some more of River's background as well as why The Alliance was so desperate to recapture her. We also see River go ballistic a couple of times. Great cinematography and choreography in those scenes! :ooook:

Joss threw in a few things that were truly heartbreaking, as those of you who are fans probably know by now. But hey, despite my anger about what happened, it fit the story and made it more real to me.

As a huge fan of both the Western and the Sci-Fi genre Firefly is the perfect combination of the two. And Mal Reynolds philosophy is so much like my own that I was immediately drawn into the story and the series.

Chiwetel Ejiofor did a wonderful job as "The Operative". I hope we see more of him in the sequels. As some have speculated, perhaps Shepherd got his start the same way?

Jewel Statite who plays Kaylee looks like she'd lost the weight she carried during the series. I personally liked her looks more during the Firefly run. Not that's she's obscenely skinny now though.

And for those of you who are gonna ask...Summer Glau who plays River was barefoot for most of the movie. As a psychic, being able to touch the ground helps her to be aware of the environment.

Best of all...projectile weapons :lol: . No pussy hand held energy weapons (except for The Operative's taser-like pistol).

Grrrrr, now I have to get a new computer so I can watch DVDs.

DP

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Great shot of the ladies out of costume.

From left to right:

Jewel Staite - Kaylee
Summer Glau - River
Morena Baccarin - Irina
Gina Torres - Zoe

Enjoy

DP