[ENG] Disaster in SE Asia/Africa

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

[ENG] Disaster in SE Asia/Africa

Post by Dead Parrot »

I hope that any board member with a connection to the natural disaster along the SE Asian and East African coast is OK. My thoughts go out to you and to all those affected by this horrific tragedy.

DP

Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Its scary it seems like a movie but its real life. :(
ILF
Mod
Mod

Post by ILF »

It's absolutely ubelievable...the magnitude of the disaster.
May God bless the souls of the victims as well as help the victims families though this most difficult time.

I heard that the last time any Tsunami of this kind happened in that part of the world was nearly 500 years ago.

How sad the world really is. This is one of those causes worth sending troops and other assistance. There is a "real" cause worth helping helping.
It would be more sensible than spending tax-payer money on missions to Mars or fighting senseless wars.
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

ILF wrote:It's absolutely ubelievable...the magnitude of the disaster.
I'm torn between disbelief and sorrow over the loss of life and being awed by the utterly mind-boggling power of the planet. The stories I've read by seismologists talking about the Earth "ringing like a bell" after the quake, and that it was so severe it actually caused a minor orbital disruption!! :o :o
ILF wrote:How sad the world really is. This is one of those causes worth sending troops and other assistance. There is a "real" cause worth helping helping. It would be more sensible than spending tax-payer money on missions to Mars or fighting senseless wars.
ILF, I'm quite the hypocrite for saying this, (especially as a moderator)and this is not a slam on you personally, but let's try to avoid anything regarding politics.

Part of the reason I love it here is that we stay on topic and don't engage in political or philosophical debates.

My fear is that if the door opens far enough, some of us will get into a pissing contest over politics and it will bleed out onto the rest of the board. This will cause tempers to flare and some folks may leave due to the strife it's bound to cause.

I am guilty of letting my anger get the better of me on another post about censorship. I shouldn't have done that because I want to ensure this board stays neutral ground.

Again, this is not a flame of any sort.

Thanks,

DP